About The Position
VI is the market leading Enterprise-AI platform for health, serving the world’s largest health organizations — from Fortune 500 health providers to pharma and consumer brands — helping them maximize acquisition, enrollment, engagement, retention, and health outcomes. Vi offers 3 main product lines: Acquire, Engage and Transform.
Backed by $60M+ in R&D, our powerful platform serves over 100 million members daily — and growing. We are based in New York, Austin, Nashville & Tel Aviv.
We’re looking for an experienced and talented hands-on Engineering Team Lead to join our growing team.
As a Team Lead you will work in an energetic startup environment, drive technological excellence, high product quality and timely delivery in an agile, production-critical environment.
You’ll report to our Head of Engineering and be a part of the engineering management team, establishing engineering vision, goals and culture.
- Lead a team of backend and full-stack engineers, conducting code reviews and overseeing software development quality, processes, and culture.
- Take ownership of delivering new features and functionality, directly writing code as needed.
- Set goals, define tasks, and manage timelines to execute on the product roadmap.
- Identify areas for growth and improvement, encouraging and guiding the team towards technical excellence, high product quality, innovation, and timely delivery.
- Lead architecture discussions, actively participating and providing technical direction.
- Analyze and resolve technical debt, instilling a quality-focused mindset within the team.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks, balancing speed with stability and reliability
- B.Sc. in Computer Science/Engineering or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Team leadership experience (2+ years)
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience (4+ years) with Backend / Full-Stack technologies
- Fluent in English and feel very comfortable using it when conversing with others
- Excellent communication and soft skills
- Solution-oriented mindset focused on taking action, and achieving results
- Experience with large-scale projects
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices: testing, code reviews, CI/CD, etc