About The Position
VI is the market leading Enterprise-AI platform for health, serving the world’s largest health organizations — from Fortune 500 health providers to pharma and consumer brands — helping them maximize acquisition, enrollment, engagement, retention, and health outcomes. Vi offers 3 main product lines: Acquire, Engage and Transform.
Backed by $60M+ in R&D, our powerful platform serves over 100 million members daily — and growing. We are based in New York, Austin, Nashville & Tel Aviv.
We are looking for a talented DATA ENGINEER to join our amazing and fast-growing R&D team! As a Data Engineer at VI, you will have the exciting opportunity to work on our flagship product, Vi Engage. This role involves crucial contributions to the product’s data infrastructure, playing a pivotal role in shaping its future. Reporting to the Data Engineering Team Lead, you will make key determinations regarding the Data Infrastructure, used technologies, and scale. Working closely with the backend team and our data scientists, you will develop standards around how data is utilized and managed. Moreover, you will collaborate with business and analytical teams to leverage data in enhancing user experiences for our Engage platform.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an organization that has the resources & scale of an established company and the energy, impact & team size of an early-stage startup.
- Develop and maintain our company’s Data pipeline infrastructure
- Take part in team architectural discussions
- Work as an integral part of the Data team and work closely with Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Data Engineers.
- Work directly with others (Developers, Product, and Internal stakeholders) to develop a solid understanding of the business application and requirements for which the application is being designed.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Over 3 years of experience in a data engineering role
- Coding experience with Python
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ELT/ETL pipelines
- Experience with Cloud technologies – AWS preferred
- Experience building data pipelines with big data frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience working with CI-CD, Docker
- Experience with Git and the various branching models
- Experience with architecture and design patterns (microservices in particular)
- Technologically diverse background and ability/willingness to learn new things quickly
- Experience working closely with data scientists/data science project
- Experience with big data architectures and infrastructures
- Experience with MLOps technological stack
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, Looker, power bi etc.)
- CDK & CloudFormation
Why choose VI
At Vi we provide you with the autonomy to deliver, the safety to make mistakes and the opportunity to help millions of people live happier and healthier lives.
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At Vi, you’ll be surrounded by curious, witty, and passionate people that are hungry to drive real impact.
But if that’s not enough, we also offer a competitive salary, stock plans, & loads of extra perks